Florence Day is an event held every year at HemphillPark which includes a Veterans’ Breakfast, vendor fair, carnival, live entertainment, and more. Florence Day 2013 will be held on November 9, 2013. Please note that the Florence Day Pageant will be held the week before on November 2, 2013.
Keep reading for details of our special day!
- The Florence Day Pageant will be held one week before Florence Day on Saturday, November 2, 2013. It will be at the Florence Middle School Auditorium at 6:00 pm and is a project of the Florence Mayor’s Youth Council. Click the link below for more details! Deadline to register is October 29. Ages are from infants through 24 for girls and infants through eight years old for boys.
- The Veterans’ Appreciation Breakfast will held on Florence Day morning at 7:30 am at QuestCommunityChurch located on South Church Street just before Hemphill Park. We will have more information later about our speaker and music. This is always a much anticipated even where we join together and honor our Veterans. Breakfast will be served and as always will be free. This is the perfect kick-off to a lovely day.
- Vendors’ Fair - Come start or maybe even finish your Christmas shopping at our fantastic Vendors’ Fair. Set up under the trees along the walking path; this is one of your last chances before the holidays to purchase home-crafted goods and one of a kind items. There will be approximately one hundred vendors this year. Sign up early to get a good spot. Booths are assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
- The Florentine Club will once again host an Antique Car Show. This is always a fun time for the entire family with great cars and lots of prizes.
- Talent Stage – Keep checking here for announcements about our entertainment line-up! If you are an individual or group and are interested in performing at Florence Day, contact Mayor Pam Clark, (601) 845-1749, and we will try and get you on the agenda.
|9:30-10:00||Florence Elementary School Celebration||Show Choir|
|10:00-10:30||Clear Branch Cloggers||Dance Group|
|11:00-11:30||Dramatic Harmonies||Show Choir|
|NOON-12:30||Open Mic Talent||Vocal|
|12:30-1:00||Geri’s School of Dance||Dance Group|
|1:00-3:00||Southern Grass||Bluegrass and Country Band|
|3:00 – 5:00||Memory Lane||Oldies Band|
CARNIVAL – CARNIVAL – CARNIVAL – CARNIVAL
As always Midway by Mississippi Delta Shows
will be here to provide thrills and chills!