Address: 184 West Main Street
Phone:(601) 845-8118 or (601) 594-4871.
I am Bobbie D. Moudy. I am married to Betty Yates Moudy, and we have one son, Robby, daughter-in-law Dannelle, and one grandson, Hunter. We have made Florence our home since 1981. Betty and I attend Flowood United Methodist Church.
I am the manufacturing supervisor for the Calvert Company. I received certification from Mississippi State University. I have over thirty-five years experience in management. I am a member of the MS Manufacturing Association, the MS Municipal League, former member of the Florence Planning and Zoning board, and former member of the Central MS Transportation board.
I am a three term incumbent alderman and also secretary of the Florence Improvement Company. I appreciate the confidence and trust the citizens of Florence have put in me.
Key Issues which I will continue to work to obtain for Florence:
- Work on the appearance of the business district along the Hwy. 49 corridor.
- Support our local businesses, schools, churches, library, and other civic organizations.
- Improve city infrastructure, which includes completing the Williams Road improvement, and completion of the Erlich Road project and other traffic concerns.
- Work to encourage new businesses to locate in Florence.
- Finish the flood study that is currently in process and implement the findings.
- Improve our city park and recreational areas as well as our youth sports programs. Implement programs for our senior citizens.
- Continue to update city ordinances to make sure we protect our citizens’ property values and their quality of life.